All my shoe girls raise your hand 🙋🙋🙋
Ever wonder how to efficiently organize all your shoes? Well, I rounded up my top 5 tips for storing shoes below.
1. Place your heels heel to toe. This is the most efficient way of storing your heels. Or if your shelves are deep place one behind the other. You only need to see one shoe to know which ones you are looking for.
2. Be realistic about how many pairs of shoes you actually have and what type they are. If you only wear wedges, you don’t need a whole section of angled shoe shelves. Heels should be stored on angled shelves, wedges and flats on flat shelves.
3. Use boot trees for your boots. Boot trees help your boots to keep their shape and prevent creasing. It also makes them easier to store. You can place your boots on the bottom shelf or you can hang a low rod and use the boot trees to hang your boots.
4. Make sure your shoes are clean. Always wipe down your shoes before you put them away, This will help prevent any stains from ruining them
5. If you can, do not store your shoes in their box. Probably not what you expected me to say right? Well here’s my reasoning. In theory, I love the idea of a stack of neat boxes with pictures of the content. But I can already see myself looking for a specific pair of heels. Finding them in the bottom box of of pile of boxes. Pulling that box out and everything topples. I need everything in sight and I need to be able to grab and go.
“But what am I supposed to do with all my shoe boxes??”
Just because I don’t like to store my shoes in their boxes doesn’t mean I think you should toss them! If you have some good quality boxes you can use them to store hats, gloves, scarves, dust bags or if they are really beautiful you can use them as decor. My favourite boxes to keep are the blue Lanvin boxes and of course Hermès boxes.
What is your favourite way of storing your shoes? Any tips that should be included in the list?