Fall is finally here and we couldn’t be more excited to break out our boots! Maybe it’s the background in horseback riding, but we love to care for our fall boots like we would care for our riding boots before a show. We have been using Lexol products on our riding boots forever and we love using them on all our other boots to keep the leather in tip top shape.
Looking for the best cobbler in Montreal? Look no further than Carinthia! The company has been around since 1940 and is known in Montreal has one of the best cobblers. They are the only place we recommend you bring your Christian Louboutin’s. Clients include: Holt Renfrew, Ogilvy’s, Stuart Weitzman and many more.
It can be tricky to care for your Louboutins red soles and when you get them from the store they can be quite slippery. Carinthia will take your shoes and put on a matching half sole to prevent you from slipping and damaging the soles. Ever get your stiletto caught in a grate? Mess up the leather on your heel? They can fix that.
Take a look at some of our own before and after pictures.
Carinthia is the only place we trust to bring any of our shoes.
There is nothing worse than trying to find your favorite t-shirt in your drawer. With traditional folding everything is piled on top of each other and it makes it difficult to see what is on the bottom. And once you find your shirt, those neat piles are no longer and you are left with an unorganized mess of a drawer. Making every item you own visible is the key to an organized closet, that is why Pliio is so popular amongst professional organizers. Pliio is a clothing filer that helps shape your clothes so they can be easily filed in your drawer or storage box. We strongly suggest this product to all our clients.
There are different sizes available. We use the small to fold workout tanks and camisoles and the medium to fold t-shirts. There is also a large size available, which is great for folding larger sweaters.
We put together a step by step guide on how to fold using the Pliio. It takes the same amount of time as regularly folding your clothes, but you’re left with a much neater result.
Our first love might be closets, but we definitely have a thing for organized pantries. To us, an organized pantry takes the stress out of anything kitchen related. We thought we would share a quick round-up of our favorite pantries and some tips and tricks to keeping your pantry organized and stress free.
Tip #1: Using clear containers
Everything we buy comes in a different sized box or container and never looks streamlined when placed in a pantry. We love how the NEAT Method uses labelled clear containers to keep their clients pantry organized. Clear containers enable you to see exactly how much you have left of a certain product and the labels help identify what is in each one. Plus, the airtight containers keep your food fresh longer. Who else hates when cereal goes stale? To take this one step further, we recommend including the cooking time on the labels of certain items like pasta, oatmeal or cake mixes.
Tip #2: Use baskets
Baskets are great to keep items that don’t need to be in an airtight container together. You can keep all your granola bars or water bottles together in one place. This pantry designed by Maison Maison does just that. If you’re looking for chips all you have to do is pull out the chip basket and all your options are there.
Tip #3: Keep appliances in your pantry to free up counter space
Obviously this tip only works if you are lucky enough to have a large pantry like the one pictured above. There is nothing worse than walking into a kitchen and seing 10 different appliances sprawled out on the counter. We like the idea of keeping them in the pantry hidden from guests. That way your kitchen always looks clean and uncluttered and the mess stays hidden in the pantry!
Feeling inspired to tackle your messy pantry this week? We listed some items mentioned below.
There is nothing worse than lugging all your clothes to the dry cleaner every other week and spending a fortune on all those bills. This is where The Laundress comes in. Their non-toxic products offer an at home dry cleaning alternative. Their product line is diverse and has something to tackle any of your laundry needs. We listed some of our musts for laundry day below.
Delicate Wash: This product is perfect for anything labelled dry clean only. We use it on all our silk Equipment blouses and La Perla delicates. It keeps everything in tip-top condition and has a better scent than those dry-cleaning chemicals.
Wool & Cashmere Shampoo: This product is great to hand wash all of those fall sweaters we just can’t wait to wear. It also has a subtle cedar scent that we love.
Stain Solution: From red wine to coffee to makeup this product can get rid of any stain! This product is our lifesaver and has kept our clothing looking their best.
Not only do these products work, keep our clothes smelling and feeling great , the packaging is over the top and will make a great addition to any laundry room.
When we’re not at Holt Renfrew, you can definitely find us shopping online at The Container Store (#CanadianProblems). They have a variety of products to help you organize any space. We decided to share our fave Container Store products that we can’t live without.
1. The clear acrylic shelf dividers are a great way to keep piles of sweaters from toppling over. We especially love this model from The Container Store because of it’s built in hanger hook!
2. An easy way to streamline your closet and increase your hanging space is to switch all your hangers to Huggable Hangers! We love this product because the hangers are non-slip and keep even the slinkiest of tops off the floor. They come in a variety of colours, but we like the chic look of all black.
Khloé Kardashian takes her health and fitness seriously. I mean have you seen her rocking body? Khloé has dedicated an entire closet in her new house for her workout clothes and accessories. Check out the pictures below to see what we are talking about and head over to SELF to see the whole interview.
We know we would love to have a closet like this. It might motivate us to hit the gym a little more often!
If you are anything like us, you would take a custom closet over a custom kitchen any day. You can only store Louboutins in your oven for so long before you might actually need to use it! So we rounded-up our top 5 to die for closets
1. My domaine recently featured Jaime Kings closet and it’s absolutely stunning! The talented Lisa Adams of LA Closet Design transformed the Hollywood starlet’s tight space into a breathtaking showroom complete with a sunglass display case and denim bar. After all why sacrifice design for convenience when you can have it all?
Image from My Domaine
2. One of our favorite fashion bloggers, Rach Parcell of Pink Peonies proved that closets can be just as stylish as the outfits they hold. Her closet/office resembles more of a high end fashion boutique complete with three full walls of shoe display and a leopard carpet. Or as Rachel zoe would say, We die.
Image from Pink Peonies
3. Our favorite Laguna Beach and The Hills alum, Lauren Conrad, created a dreamy dressing room for her Beverly Hills penthouse. We love how the multiple glass closet doors allow her to not only check her wardrobe/outfit at a glance, but gives the space a light and airy feeling. Well done LC, well done!
Image from InStyle
4. Inspired by the glamorous Jimmy Choo stores, this Brooklyn closet by Clos-ette is equipped with everything you could ever need, literally. With its stunning floor length mirrors, decorative lilac accents and built in fridge it has perfected the serene look it was modeled after. The only difficult decision is deciding what’s more impressive: the closet or the owners Hermes collection?
Image from Refinery 29
5. How can we do a top 5 closet post and not talk about Theresa Roemer’s? Crowned the largest closet in America, the 3000 square feet is spread out over three floors connected by a breathtaking spiral staircase. Estimated to have cost $500,000, the luxury goods showcased are sure to rival those found in any palace. Check it out on Harper’s Bazaar. We dare you.
Image from Harper’s Bazaar
Make sure you follow us on Pinterest for more amazing closets we find online!