All my shoe girls raise your hand 🙋🙋🙋
Ever wonder how to efficiently organize all your shoes? Well, I rounded up my top 5 tips for storing shoes below.
1. Place your heels heel to toe. This is the most efficient way of storing your heels. Or if your shelves are deep place one behind the other. You only need to see one shoe to know which ones you are looking for.
2. Be realistic about how many pairs of shoes you actually have and what type they are. If you only wear wedges, you don’t need a whole section of angled shoe shelves. Heels should be stored on angled shelves, wedges and flats on flat shelves.
3. Use boot trees for your boots. Boot trees help your boots to keep their shape and prevent creasing. It also makes them easier to store. You can place your boots on the bottom shelf or you can hang a low rod and use the boot trees to hang your boots.
4. Make sure your shoes are clean. Always wipe down your shoes before you put them away, This will help prevent any stains from ruining them
5. If you can, do not store your shoes in their box. Probably not what you expected me to say right? Well here’s my reasoning. In theory, I love the idea of a stack of neat boxes with pictures of the content. But I can already see myself looking for a specific pair of heels. Finding them in the bottom box of of pile of boxes. Pulling that box out and everything topples. I need everything in sight and I need to be able to grab and go.
“But what am I supposed to do with all my shoe boxes??”
Just because I don’t like to store my shoes in their boxes doesn’t mean I think you should toss them! If you have some good quality boxes you can use them to store hats, gloves, scarves, dust bags or if they are really beautiful you can use them as decor. My favourite boxes to keep are the blue Lanvin boxes and of course Hermès boxes.
What is your favourite way of storing your shoes? Any tips that should be included in the list?
There is nothing worse than trying to find your favorite t-shirt in your drawer. With traditional folding everything is piled on top of each other and it makes it difficult to see what is on the bottom. And once you find your shirt, those neat piles are no longer and you are left with an unorganized mess of a drawer. Making every item you own visible is the key to an organized closet, that is why Pliio is so popular amongst professional organizers. Pliio is a clothing filer that helps shape your clothes so they can be easily filed in your drawer or storage box. We strongly suggest this product to all our clients.
There are different sizes available. We use the small to fold workout tanks and camisoles and the medium to fold t-shirts. There is also a large size available, which is great for folding larger sweaters.
We put together a step by step guide on how to fold using the Pliio. It takes the same amount of time as regularly folding your clothes, but you’re left with a much neater result.
Medium size Pliio:
Small size Pliio:
We love how easy it is to see all our shirts when we use the Pliio system. What do you think of this product?
Our first love might be closets, but we definitely have a thing for organized pantries. To us, an organized pantry takes the stress out of anything kitchen related. We thought we would share a quick round-up of our favorite pantries and some tips and tricks to keeping your pantry organized and stress free.
Tip #1: Using clear containers
Everything we buy comes in a different sized box or container and never looks streamlined when placed in a pantry. We love how the NEAT Method uses labelled clear containers to keep their clients pantry organized. Clear containers enable you to see exactly how much you have left of a certain product and the labels help identify what is in each one. Plus, the airtight containers keep your food fresh longer. Who else hates when cereal goes stale? To take this one step further, we recommend including the cooking time on the labels of certain items like pasta, oatmeal or cake mixes.
Tip #2: Use baskets
Baskets are great to keep items that don’t need to be in an airtight container together. You can keep all your granola bars or water bottles together in one place. This pantry designed by Maison Maison does just that. If you’re looking for chips all you have to do is pull out the chip basket and all your options are there.
Tip #3: Keep appliances in your pantry to free up counter space
Obviously this tip only works if you are lucky enough to have a large pantry like the one pictured above. There is nothing worse than walking into a kitchen and seing 10 different appliances sprawled out on the counter. We like the idea of keeping them in the pantry hidden from guests. That way your kitchen always looks clean and uncluttered and the mess stays hidden in the pantry!
Feeling inspired to tackle your messy pantry this week? We listed some items mentioned below.
Good Grips 10-Piece POP Canister Set
Montauk Lined Rectangular Storage Bins
Let us know what other tips and tricks work for you. We would love to see what you guys use to keep organized.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
When we’re not at Holt Renfrew, you can definitely find us shopping online at The Container Store (#CanadianProblems). They have a variety of products to help you organize any space. We decided to share our fave Container Store products that we can’t live without.
1. The clear acrylic shelf dividers are a great way to keep piles of sweaters from toppling over. We especially love this model from The Container Store because of it’s built in hanger hook!
2. An easy way to streamline your closet and increase your hanging space is to switch all your hangers to Huggable Hangers! We love this product because the hangers are non-slip and keep even the slinkiest of tops off the floor. They come in a variety of colours, but we like the chic look of all black.
3. We hate leaving empty hangers on the rod. So to keep things organized we always have a freestanding hanger organizer in our closets.
4. There is nothing worse than rummaging through your hosiery drawer looking for a specific pair of tights early in the morning. We use StoxBox to keep all of our tights neatly organized.
5. The Grey drop-front boxes are a great tool to store a ton of different items. We like to store our cashmere sweaters in these! The drop down front makes for easy access.
6. The 32 Compartment Drawer Organizer is perfect for storing ties, socks or undergarments. It helps keep everything visible and neatly placed.
7. This scarf organizer from Umbra is equal parts function and form! What’s not to love about a hanger that keeps scarves organized and looks beautiful at the same time?
8. The clear jewelry chest is a great piece to store all your baubles so they are easily accessible and tangle free. We also love the the acrylic makeup chest to store all of our products!
What are your favorite Container Store items? Fellow Canadians, let us know where you like to shop to find functional and beautiful organization products!