We just landed in the Sunshine State and thought we should take the time to share our 10 favorite travel tips!
1. Roll never fold. Rolling takes up less room and if done properly can help reduce wrinkles and creases.
2. Invest in packing cubes. We love these packing cubes from Eagle Creek. They are actually compression cubes, so if you put your sweaters in there and then compress, you will save a ton of space. Packing cubes also help keep items separated and organized.
3. Edit, Edit, Edit. You do not need 6 pairs of shoes for a weekend trip! Make sure to pack only items in a similar colour palette and items that can be worn multiple times in different ways. Try to pack one pair of flats, one pair of walking shoes and one pair of heels for your trip only.
4. Keep a travel toiletries case ready. We transfer our favorite products to smaller containers to make sure they are under the 100ml limit. We like to keep everything we need for travel in a separate case from our day-to-day, that way when we leave we just grab it and go.
5. Pack your smaller purse inside a larger tote bag to make better use of your personal item.
6. If you’re checking a bag, make sure you keep an outfit or two in your carry-on in case your luggage is lost.
7. Use jewelry travel cases to keep everything organized. Depending on how much jewelry you plan on bringing the jewelry cases will vary. If you just plan on bringing a few earnings and a necklace some pill cases could do the trick. But if you plan on bringing multiple necklaces, rings and bracelets you need this! It is our favorite and can’t imagine life without it.
8. Pack a travel steamer, lint brush and stain remover. Lerica mentioned the steamer in the last post, but we can’t forget a lint brush and stain remover as well. Our favorite steamer is this one, and we always bring some of The Laundress Stain Remover with us.
9. If you have delicate items, place them in your dry-cleaners plastic bag and lay them flat on top of everything else. The clear dry-cleaners bags have a chemical in them to keep your clothes from wrinkling. If you place your delicate dresses or blouses in them, just remember to take them out upon arrival as the chemicals can harm the fabric with prolonged use.
10. Pack an extra bag incase your bag is to full to bring back your new purchases. We like to pack a travel Longchamp. These bags are great, because they fold up into tiny squares and take up hardly any room.
Do you have any travel tips? Leave them in the comments below!